[RED/GLARE]

Politics. People. Decline. History. Music. Redemption. Thoughtcrime. Humor. Revenge. Mistakes. Fear. Media. Antiauthoritarianism. Truth. Longing. Insecurity. Schadenfreude. Complaint. Peace. Love. Nothingness. Nature. Something new all the time.

06 February 2006

No Reason to Smile

Anytime I’m feeling down or uninspired or hopeless about the affairs of our country and the state of our democracy, I find that revisiting this photo of Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) from his pre-Senate days makes me happy again. What an amazing grin!

Coleman’s dentist put this “before” shot on his web site a couple of years ago. I can’t believe this Coleman doofus beat Walter Mondale at anything! I wish a true American patriot, Paul Wellstone, were still in that Senate seat!

Anyway, with Alberto “we don’t need no stinkin’ warrants” Gonzales today defending the illegal wiretapping of Americans, refusing to tell Senators if U.S. Mail is being opened (it is), and basically laying down a fantastical argument for tyranny, I needed a lift. Thanks, Norm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home